Saturday, May 31, 2008

Merlin’s Indiana Jones sticker collection

Welcome to the world of collectible stickers. I somehow thought collecting stickers is a long gone hobby from my childhood. I was wrong. Merlin Stickers (part of Topps) has released an Indiana Jones sticker collection:
For the collection you get a 48 pages album (for 3.- Euros) and get to buy sticker packs with 6 random stickers (0,50 Euros per pack). There are 240 different stickers to get. Most stickers have a size of 5 x 8.5 cm, fewer are 6 x 8.5 cm. Even fewer are 6 x 8.5 cm printed on metallic foil. Interesting bit: The sticker packs are in English, so I guess they sell the same packs all over Europe, while the album is in German (so I guess they made versions for all countries where they sell it). Another interesting bit: The story (flavor text) told in the album is a cut down version of the film. They do neither tell about the relationship between Indy and Mutt nor about the ending (they just enter the temple and then everything gets destroyed in a cyclone.

If you collect these stickers and want to trade some, please contact me!

No comments: