Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Finally I got me a new Indy novel

They are out for some weeks now and I somehow missed their release - but now I got my hands on some fresh new novels, the Scholastic books. Those are "only" young adult books but that's still better than no Indy read at all. The series needs a good name and the Scholastic books lack any form of common name. The UK edition does have a series title, though: Untold Adventures. That's quite a catchy one and I will be using that one whenever I refer to the books now.

My copies are from the US edition. While the cover of the first novel Pyramid of the Sorcerer is rather cheap as it is just a reused graphic (for both US and UK editions), the US second novel's cover is a cool piece of artwork. Mystery of Mount Sinai comes with a picture of Indy fighting a cyborg Nazi who seems to posses magic powers. Now what young adult would not wanna read THAT story ;-)

Still positive surprised with the cover, the quality of the paper and the binding of the pages was a letdown, though. Even if it's only $5.99, I expect a paperback to survive more than one read and these books do not look like they could. Well, I will get myself the UK version of the books anyway, let's hope they have a better quality.

Have fun and an adventurous read when you get your copies c|:)

The covers of the US/Canada edition by Scholastic:


The covers of the UK edition labeled 'Untold Adventures':

No comments: